List of Terrorist Outfits
An estimated 30 terrorist outfits are reported to have existed at one point of time or the other in the State since 1989 when terrorism first surfaced. Most of these are merely small factions, formed to fulfill a specific purpose and are rarely heard of.
Of the terrorist outfits, the first two which are also the oldest of the lot, are presently observing a self-declared cease-fire though a formal agreement with the government does not exist.
6. Al Badr
7. Harkat-ul Mujahideen (previously known as Harkat-ul-Ansar)
8. Al Barq
9. Al Faran
10. Al Jehad
11 Al Jehad Force (amalgam of Muslim Janbaz force and Kashmir Jehad Force)
12 Al Mujahid Force
13. Al Mustafa Liberation Fighters
14. Al Umar Mujahideen
16. Islami Inquilabi Mahaz
17. Islami Jamaat-e-Tulba
18. Islamic Students League
20. Jammu & Kashmir National Liberation Army
21. Jammu & Kashmir Students Liberation Front
23. Muslim Mujahideen
27. Tehrik-e-Nifaz-e-Fiqar Jafaria
29. Dukhtaran-e-Millat - an outfit run by women which uses community pressure to further the social norms dictated by Islamic fundamental groups.
30. Mutahida Jehad Council- An umbrella body for coordination among 14 terrorist outfits and based in Pakistan. Its membership is now down to 13 after the Hizb-ul Mujahideen was expelled for its cease-fire decision.